Based in Essen, Germany
10 September 2013
DescriptionLast Knight is a unique genre mix that combines platforming, action-packed riding and ragdoll physics driven jousting! It is fast-paced action in a never ending randomly generated Unreal Engine powered fantasy world! The story mode put it's player in control of a squire on its way of becoming a knight. But before he can prove himself, events of epic proportions make him the last hope for the kingdom! On his heroic adventure he will have to fight the horned bucket heads and oversized hungry creatures. He will have to get through a wide range of dangerous environments as well as his own Knightmares. But beside the story there is much more. Various game modes let you adventure through always different never ending generated worlds filled with riches and dangers. On your journeys you will also find quests that will take each of the characters on different missions in the hunt for fame and glory as well as gold and chivalry. Gold can be spent on fancy power ups, while chivalry can unlock world bending mutators and different view modes like the intense first person view. Cutting-edge features like a fully dynamic randomized weather system and a collision system that can alter basically everything of the world geometry make this game even more over the top.
HistoryThe development began almost 3 years ago, started as a project with the, at that time quite new, Unreal Development Kit. Jousting and challenging horse riding is usually something that is hard to find in games. The idea was to make a game that is build around that kind of gameplay and make it with cutting edge graphics but at the same time with arcade like gameplay. 3D Platformers like the first 2 Crash Bandicoot games as well as the first games in the "endless runner" genre with their randomly generated world were a big inspiration. The game is created by David Hagemann. The music is made by Edouard Brenneisen and the sounds are made by Jarno Sarkula. David is a game developer and freelance artist who already worked on several indie games, he has his roots with the Unreal Engine in the modding community of Unreal Tournament 3. His characters have won several prices in the Make Something Unreal Contest. More behind the scenes in a Interview here: http://truepcgaming.com/2013/06/13/last-knight-interview
- A full-fledged adventure in the story mode
- Randomly generated world in the different infinity modes
- Wide range of different fantasy environments
- Quests and rewards system
- Cutting edge graphics archived with the Unreal Engine
- Unique Power ups and other special unlock-ables
- Customization with different characters
- Dynamic weather system
- Ragdoll physics feedback
- Impacts alter and deform the world
- 3rd Person, First Person and Bird's Eye view modes
- World Mutators and Body Mutators
Update 1.1 Features Video YouTube
Launch Trailer YouTube
Touching the World has an Impact YouTube
Weather System YouTube
Starve or Blow Up mode YouTube
Ragdoll Player Feedback YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Selected for the Fantastique Festival in Strasbourg as part of the Indium Game Contest" FEFFS, 2013
- "Selected for the Eurogamer Expo 2012 Indie Games Arcade" EurogamerExpo, 2012
- "Indie Game of the Week" The Tech Labs, 2012
- "It's just damn fun. That is why we play games, right?"
- Alex Coccia, Greenlit Gaming
- "Splendid-looking cartoon jousting and knightliness game."
- Jim Rossignol, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "By the end of a run-through you will be left breathless and your brain buzzing as it slows back down to reality."
- Tom Christiansen, Indie Game Mag
- "The production values are top-notch, especially for a game that comes with such a low price tag. "
- Matt Suckley, God is a Geek
- "Amazing visuals. Fun environments and power-ups. Rewarding difficulty and jousting combat system."
- Joe Jasko, Gamezebo
- "I’ve got to say, it looks pretty darn cool."
- Jared Nelson, TouchArcade
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Toco Games
Toco Games is a Indie Game Development brand that focuses on unique game experiences. We are collaborating programmers and artists from different parts of the world that share the passion for creating innovative games.
More information on Toco Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Last Knight Credits
Artist and Programmer